A few performances coming up around Georgia and thereabouts this weekend. Please note that the inclusion of Auburn, Ala. on this list merely acknowledges that radio transcends state boundaries. It in no way indicates the intention to annex parts of any neighboring states.
- Thursday-Saturday, March 6-8 in Atlanta: The Atlanta Symphony, principal cellist Christopher Rex and conductor Robert Spano in Samuel Barber's Cello Concerto, Tchaikovsky's Fourth Symphony and the world premiere of a commission by Gonzalo Grau, Preguntas y Respuestas (Q&A).
- Friday, March 7 in Augusta: From Russia, Chamber Orchestra Kremlin and director Mischa Rachlevsky, presented at Augusta State's Maxwell Theatre by the Harry Jacobs Chamber Music Society, 8 p.m.
- Saturday, March 8: In Auburn, Ala., Alexander Russakovsky, cellist, with the Auburn Community/University Orchestra in Schumann's Cello Concerto, plus music of Barber and Glazunov, at Auburn University's Telfair Peet Theatre, 7:30 p.m. In Douglasville, DuoATL (flute-guitar duo) at the Cultural Arts Center, 7 p.m. At Spivey Hall in Morrow, the Brentano Quartet with Beethoven, Mendelssohn and Gabriela Frank.
- Sunday, March 9 in Albany: The Albany Chorale in Mendelssohn's Hymn of Praise and more at Albany's Lutheran Church of Our Saviour, 3 p.m. In Morrow, English pianist Imogen Cooper in her Spivey Hall debut, with Bach and Schubert.
- Through March 15 in Columbus: Rodgers and Hammerstein's Carousel at the Springer Opera House.