Lovers of classics and coasts, please note that May 31 is opening day for the Amelia Island Chamber Music Festival, on Amelia Island, Florida - the first barrier island south of the Georgia-Florida border. Concerts take place at venues around the island. This year's lineup includes the Guarneri and American string quartets, cellist Lynn Harrell, pianist Andreas Haefliger, violinist Rachel Barton Pine, brothers Andres and Roberto Diaz, the Atlanta Woodwind Quintet, and Atlanta Symphony principal cellist Christopher Rex, who is also artistic director of the Amelia Island Chamber Music Festival. Concerts run May 31 through June 15. Visit festival's website, aimcf.com, or call (904) 261-1779 for details and tickets.
- Beethoven: Symphony No. 1 in C. English Chamber Orch, Thomas. CBS 44905.
- Beethoven: String Quartet in F major, Op. 135. Orion Quartet. Koch 7683.
- Tarrega: Recuerdos de la Alhambra. Christopher Parkening. EMI/Angel 67906.
- Albeniz: Asturias (Leyenda); Granados: La Maja de Goya. Christopher Parkening. EMI/Angel 57906.
- Parry: Piano Concerto in F-sharp. Piers Lane, BBC Scottish Sym, Brabbins. Hyperion 66820.
- Albinoni/Giazotto: Adagio in G minor. Eroica Trio. EMI 57906.
- Maniero: Three Dances from "Il Primo Libro di Balli." Chestnut Brass Company. Crystal 562.
- Mozart: "Prague" Symphony (No. 38 in D major, K. 504). Vienna Phil, Levine. DG 423 086.
- Roslavets: Viola Sonata No. 2: Finale. Victoria Chiang, Randall Hodgkinson. Centaur 2450.