The Savannah Music Festival starts today. Weekend concerts there and elsewhere that I've mentioned on air are listed here. The fastidious will find connections between that concert info and the musicians on today's Midday Music (Jonathan Biss, Jennifer Larmore, Daniel Hope, Sebastian Knauer, Yundi Li, Nicholas Angelich) - and the rep too (Schumann, Barber, Rutter). For Maundy Thursday, we also hear sacred music by Rutter and Golijov, and the conclusion of Alexander Grechaninov's Passion Week, from a Grammy-bedecked recording. Friday from 11 to 2 on GPB it's Midday Music Requests with Alan Cooke. Happy Easter, everyone.
- Schumann, Robert: Adagio and Allegro, Op. 70. Pieter Wispelwey, Paolo Giacometti. Channel 18698.
- Schumann, Clara: Piano Trio in G minor, Op. 17. Dartington Piano Trio. Helios 55078.
- Schumann, Robert: Fantasy in C major, Op. 17: mvts 2-3. Jonathan Biss. EMI 65391.
- Barber: School for Scandal, Overture. Saint Louis Sym, Slatkin. EMI 49463.
- Grechaninov: Passion Week, Op. 58: conclusion. Phoenix Bach Choir, Kansas City Chorale, Bruffy. Chandos 5044.
- Humperdinck: Hansel and Gretel: end of Act 2 (Sandman, Evening Prayer, Dream Pantomime). Larmore, Gretel, Montague, Philharmonia Orch, Mackerras. Chandos 3143.
- Falla: Suite Populaire Espagnole. Daniel Hope, Sebastian Knauer. Warner 61329.
- Rutter: Requiem: Sanctus. Cambridge Singers, City of London Sinfonia, Rutter. Collegium 504.
- Scarlatti, D.: Sonata in E major, K. 380. Yundi Li. DG 6090.
- Golijov: La Pasion segun San Marcos: Lua descolorida (Colorless Moon, Aria of Peter's Tears). Samia Ibrahim, Orquesta La Pasion, Guinand. Hanssler 98.404.
- Brahms: Viola Sonata No. 2 in E-flat, Op. 120/2. Laurent Verney, Nicholas Angelich. Harmonia Mundi 911565.