November 17, 20, 22
- Acclaimed countertenor (and Georgian) David Daniels stars as Orpheus in the Atlanta Opera's production of Orfeo ed Euridice, sung in Italian with English supertitles. Cobb Energy Centre, Atlanta.
Wednesday, November 18
- The Auburn (Ala.) Chamber Music Society presents the Canadian threesome the Gryphon Piano Trio, in concert on the campus of Auburn University. CANCELED. WILL BE RESCHEDULED.
- The McDuffie Center for Strings presents violinist David Halen and pianist Elizabeth Pridgen. They perform in Fickling Hall, Mercer University, Macon.
- Finnish pianist Olli Mustonen soloes with the Atlanta Symphony in Ravel's Piano Concerto in G. Also on the program: the world premiere of excerpts from Wynton Marsalis's American Symphony; ASO principal clarinetist Laura Ardan is soloist in Bernstein's Prelude, Fugue and Riffs; and Robert Spano conducts Gershwin's American in Paris. Symphony Hall, Atlanta.
Friday, November 20
- LaGrange College's Callaway Concert Series presents renowned classical guitarist Manuel Barrueco.
- The Harry Jacobs Chamber Music Society and Augusta State's Lyceum Series present the Cypress String Quartet in quartets by Barber, Griffes and Debussy. Maxwell Theatre.
- Violinist and former Atlanta Symphony concertmaster Cecylia Arzewski plays solo Bach in a free noontime performance. Carlos Museum, Emory University, Atlanta.
- Ballethnic's Urban Nutcracker takes the stage at Georgia Tech's Ferst Center for the Arts, Atlanta.
Saturday, November 21
- The Columbus Symphony and music director George del Gobbo welcome trumpeter Jens Lindermann as soloist. Program includes Haydn's Trumpet Concerto, Vizzutti's Rising Sun, Dvorak's Serenade for Strings and Mendelssohn's "Italian" Symphony. RiverCenter, Columbus.
- The Brasil Guitar Duo makes its Spivey Hall debut. Clayton State campus, Morrow.
Sunday, November 22
- Saint John Church and Concerts with a Cause present a Thanksgiving Concert with the Augusta Children's Choral and the Birmingham Boys Choir. Free, 3 p.m., Saint John United Methodist Church, Augusta.
- The Atlanta Symphony Orchestra provides the musical backdrop to the acrobatics of the Cirque de la Symphonie. Symphony Hall, Atlanta.