The italicized, pictured artists are all performing this week in Georgia. The boldface rep was selected for a similar reason - it'll be performed locally. In the final hour, for example, conductor Claire Fox Hillard introduces us to the piece the Albany Symphony plays tomorrow with wife-and-husband soloists Kathleen Winkler and Timothy Pitts, the showy Grand Duo Concertant by Bottesini. Please see the calendar for details on all events, and go, go, go.
11 AM . . .
- Handel: Concerto Grosso in B minor, Op. 6/12. Boston Baroque, Pearlman. Telarc 80688.
- Beethoven: String Quartet in E-flat, Op. 127 (the Leipzig Quartet plays this in Auburn). Prazak Quartet. Praga 250 181.
- Puccini: Crisantemi. Leipzig String Quartet (coming to Auburn, Ala., February 20). MDG 307 1362.
- Prokofiev: March, Op. 12/1. Gil Shaham, Orli Shaham (coming to Spivey Hall Saturday). Vanguard 1555/Canary.
- Haydn: Symphony No. 64 in A major, "Tempora Mutantur": mvts 3-4. Apollo Ensemble, John Hsu (who conducts the Atlanta Baroque Sunday). Dorian 90226.
- Bizet: Carmen Suite No. 2 (the Macon Symphony plays this Saturday). Montreal Sym, Dutoit. London 417 839.
- Paganini: Quartet No. 15 for string trio and guitar. Diaz Trio (who perform Friday in Macon). Julian Gray. Dorian 90237.
- Harty: An Irish Symphony: The Fair Day. Boston Pops, Lockhart. RCA 68901.
- Bottesini: Grand Duo Concertant (the Albany Symphony offers this for Valentine's Day). Joshua Bell, Edgar Meyer, Saint Paul Chamber Orch, Wolff. Sony 60956.
- Rota: Clarinet Sonata in D. Nicolas del Grazia, Chris Lysack. Centaur 2843.
- Brubeck: The Gates of Justice: Chorale. Dave Brubeck Trio, Deas, Mizrahi, Baltimore Choral Arts Society, Gloyd. Naxos 8.559414. (Brubeck and Gloyd head a performance of this oratorio tonight in Athens. Read the Atlanta Journal-Constitution article about it.)
- Setaccioli: Clarinet Sonata in E-flat, Op. 31: finale. Nicolas del Grazia, Chris Lysack. Centaur 2843.