Coming to Columbus this weekend: the Michael O'Neal Singers with their program "We Remember Them: Songs of Hope and Freedom." The Michael O'Neal singers are based in Roswell, Ga. In July they'll perform at the Amalfi Coast Music Festival in Italy. Catch them closer to home at Columbus's RiverCenter, 7:30 p.m. Saturday, June 21.
On the first half of the concert: The Holocaust Cantata: Songs from the Camps, which weaves together musical fragments composer Donald McCullough found in the archives of the U.S. Holocaust Museum in Washington. (Soloists are soprano Debbie Rostad, bass-baritone John LaForge and cellist Daniel Laufer.) On the second half: American spirituals.
- Handel: "Ombra mai fu" from Serse, arr. organ. Luc Beausejour. Analekta 9812.
- Debussy: Sonata for Flute, Viola and Harp. Davies, Chase, Robles. Virgin 91148.
- Gershwin: Concerto in F. Andrew Litton, Bournemouth Sym. Virgin 90780.
- Rota: Improvviso (Un diavolo sentimentale). Gidon Kremer, Oleg Maisenberg. Teldec 17222.
- Bach: Sinfonias from Cantatas nos. 29, 156 & 31. Taverner Players Parrott. Virgin 391340.
- Brahms: Clarinet Sonata in E-flat, Op. 120/2. Jon Manasse, Jon Nakamatsu. Harmonia Mundi 907430.
- Byrd/Jacob: William Byrd Suite. Eastman Wind Ens, Fennell. Mercury 432 009.
- Ibert: Entr'acte. Gary Schocker, Jason Vieaux. Azica 71215.
- Röntgen: Symphony No. 3 in C minor. Rheinland-Pfalz State Phil, Porcelijn. CPO 777 119.
- Guatelli: Ancient & Modern Oriental National Airs & Popular Songs. Prague Sym, Araci. Brilliant 93613.