Seas and oceans wash over the noon hour, with just a sampling of the sea of ocean-related music that's out there. For those of us landlubbers who are wishing we were closer to a coast, and for those lucky and deserving individuals who have already embarked on their Indpendence Day vacations.
- Purcell: Sonatas of Three Parts: No. 6 in C. Purcell Quartet. Chandos 0572/3.
- Dvorak: String Quartet No. 10 in E-flat, Op. 51. Alban Berg Quartet. EMI 57013.
- Serra: Rural Impressions [of Catalonia]. El Valles Sym, Brotons. Naxos 8.555871.
- Kanengiser: Turn to the Sea. Los Angeles Guitar Quartet. Telarc 80647.
- Hiscott: Blue Ocean for clarinet, accordion, cello and piano. Freedman, Hiscott, Marleyn, Kehler-Siebert. CBC 1166.
- Vaughan Williams: Sea Songs, Quick March. US Air Force Band, Graham. Klavier 11159.
- Debussy: La Mer. Cleveland Orch, Boulez. DG 439 896.
- Elgar: Sea Pictures: Where Corals Lie. Sarah Connolly, Bournemouth Sym, Wright. Naxos 8.557710.
- Traditional: Scotch Cap. Baltimore Consort. Dorian 90601.
- Granados: Candlelight Fandango, from Goyescas: Young Men in Love. Eric Parkin. Chandos 9412.
- Castelnuovo-Tedesco: Concertino for harp, string quartet and three clarinets. Ann Mason Stockton et al. Crystal 171.
- Mozart: Violin Concerto No. 4. Andrew Manze, English Consort. Harmonia Mundi 907385.