If you heard me mention a Georgia concert of interest in connection with one of these pieces and want the full scoop, please check out the links in the February calendar below. Friday's Midday Music will come to you from GPB's Savannah station WSVH, as usual. Enjoy, and see you on Monday.
- Telemann: Violin Concerto in A major, "The Frogs" (Die Relinge). Pavlo Beznosiuk, New London Consort, Pickett. Decca 455 621.
- Harbison: Songs America Loves to Sing (2004). Atlanta Chamber Players. MSR 1190.
- Milhaud: Le Boeuf sur le Toit (The Bull on the Roof). National Orch of Lille, Casadesus. Naxos 8.557287.
- Philidor: Sonata in D minor. Robert Stallman, Edwin Swanborn, Karl Bennion. Bogner's Cafe 104.
- Golijov: Air to Air: Aiini Taqtiru (My Eyes Weep). Silk Road Ensemble. World Village 468095.
- Mendelssohn: Hebrides Overture. London Sym, Wordsworth. Virgin 391372.
- Dvorak: String Quartet in E-flat, Op. 51. Alban Berg Quartet. EMI 57013.
- Atterberg: Symphony No. 4 in G minor, "Sinfonia Piccola." Frankfurt Radio Sym, Rasilainen. CPO 999 639 (in CPO box 777 118).
- Liszt (after Verdi): Sacred Dance and Final Duet from Aida. Alexandre Dossin. Naxos 8.557904.
- Mozart: Horn Concerto No. 3 in E-flat, K. 447. Eric Ruske, Scottish Chamber Orch, Mackerras. Telarc 80367.