Trumpeter James Ackley plays Jermiah Clarke's Trumpet Voluntary (the first piece below) on his Concert with a Cause this Sunday at 3, Saint John United Methodist, Augusta. Free admission; a collection will be taken for Augusta's Jessye Norman School of the Arts. Ackley has played all over the world many genres. His Sunday performance combines Baroque music (with organ) and swingier fare (with jazz combo).
- Clarke: Trumpet Voluntary. Rolf Smedvig, William Kuhlman. Telarc 80614.
- Brahms: Piano Quartet No. 2 in A major. Capucon, Causse, Capucon, Angelich. Virgin 519310.
- Alwyn: Suite of Scottish Dances. Royal Liverpool Phil, Lloyd-Jones. Naxos 8.570704.
- Castelnuovo-Tedesco: Platero y Yo: La Arrulladora. Christopher Parkening. EMI 57591.
- Corelli: Sonata in C major for two violins and continuo, Op. 3/8. Rebel, Schwarz. Dorian 90703.
- Haydn: Symphony No. 97 in C major. Cleveland Orch, Szell. Sony 489042.
- Saint-Saens: Scherzo for piano duo, Op. 87. Lilya Zilberstein, Akane Sakal. EMI 67051.
- Wagenseil: Symphony in E, WV 393. Stuttgart Chamber Orch, Goritzki. CPO 777 112.
- Dvorak: "Dumky" Piano Trio in E minor. Emanuel Ax, Young Uck Kim, Yo-Yo Ma. Sony Legacy 89860.
- Elgar: March of the Mogul Emperors. New Zealand Sym, Judd. Naxos 8.557273.