On behalf of GPB, sincere thanks to the more than 1,400 new and renewing members who gave generously during the spring membership campaign that wrapped up Monday evening. While we did not reach our overall goals, certain shows put in a good showing along the way, and we are always encouraged by the many, many votes of supports and kind comments we did receive.
If you didn't have time to call during the campaign, it's not too late! Please support Midday Music and all your favorite GPB programs online at gpb.org: just click on the red radio where it says "Support GPB today!" Thank you, thank you, thank you!
And now, back to our regularly scheduled amount of music!
- Bach: Keyboard Concerto No. 3 in D major, BWV 1054. Angela Hewitt, Australian Chamber Orch, Tognetti. Hyperion 67308.
- Schubert: Piano Sonata in D major, Op. 53, D. 850. Seymour Lipkin. Newport 60176/2.
- Smith, Rob: Sprint (2006). University of Houston Percussion Ensemble, Wilkins. Albany 1076.
- Deane: Vespertine Formations (2004). University of Houston Percussion Ensemble, Wilkins. Albany 1076.
- Revueltas: Mexican Dance. U.S. Marine Band, Serebrier. Naxos 8.570727.
- Svendsen: Symphony No. 1. Latvian National Sym, Mikkelsen. CPO 777 372.
- Schoenfield: Achat Sha'alti. Linda Chatterton, John Jensen. LC 8032.
- Massenet: Meditation from Thais. Josef Suk, Katerina Englichova. Discover 920318.
- Dvorak: Violin Concerto in A minor. Christian Tetzlaff, Czech Phil, Pesek. Virgin 391346.
- Bach: Lute (Guitar) Suite in E minor. Jason Vieaux. Azica 71250.