Are you near Columbus, Macon, Eatonton, Morrow, Atlanta, Lookout Mountain, LaGrange, Auburn or Athens? There's high-caliber musicmaking close by, and soon. See details and support live classical music in your community.
The highlight of today's Midday Music is a novelty - it's Margaret Brouwer's percussion concerto Aurolucent Circles from 2002, written for and performed by Evelyn Glennie.
Friday's Midday Music will be a requests day with Alan Cooke in Augusta. See you Monday.
- Liszt: Years of Pilgrimage: First Year, "Switzerland": selections. Stephen Hough. Hyperion 67424.
- Stamitz: Flute Concerto in G major. Barthold Kuijken, Tafelmusik, Lamon. Sony 48045.
- Farrenc: Nonette for strings and winds, Op. 38. Barnold, Leleux, Guyot et al. Naive 5033.
- Dvorak: Largo from Symphony No. 9, "From the New World." Cincinnati Sym, Jarvi. Telarc 80616.
- Brouwer: Aurolucent Circles, Concerto for Percussion and Orchestra: Floating in Dark Space, Stardance, Cycles & Currents (2002). Evelyn Glennie, Royal Liverpool Phil, Schwarz. Naxos 8.559250.
- Lecuona: Cuban Dances: Danza Lucumi. Manuel Barrueco. EMI 56757.
Ibert: Two Interludes for flute, viola and harp. Aureole. Koch 7102.
- Mendelssohn: String Quintet No. 2 in B-flat. Fine Arts Quartet, Rossi. Naxoso 8.570488.
- Wagner: Prelude to Act 3 of Die Meistersinger von Nurnberg. Met Orch, Levine. DG 447 764.
- Schumann: Liebesbotschaft. Christian Gerhaher, Gerold Huber. RCA 88697168172.