To catch up for a moment: GPB Radio's short, sweet Winter Membership Campaign took place February 6-9, Friday through Monday, and thanks to you we reached the member goals for our music shows - and our overall goals as well! Thank you for your generous response.
Midday Music for Friday the 6th and Tuesday the 10th, were programmed by my colleagues at WSVH Savannah. See those playlists here. If you have questions about anything you heard Monday the 9th (or anything else!) please write email@example.com.
And on to today:
- Bach: Brandenburg Concerto No. 3. Concerto Italiano, Alessandrini. Naive 30412.
- Beethoven: Violin Concerto in D major. Hilary Hahn, Baltimore Sym, Zinman. Sony 60584.
- Faure: Requiem: Pie Jesu. Empire Brass. Telarc 80305.
- Rodrigo: Concierto de Aranjuez: Adagio. Nortbert Kraft, Northern Chamber Orch. Naxos 8.557122-23.
- Vaughan Williams: Tuba Concerto. Patrick Harrild, London Sym, Thomson. Chandos 9262/3.
- Wagner: Prelude and Liebestod (Isolde's Lovedeath), from Tristan and Isolde. Cincinnati Sym, Lopez-Cobos. Telarc 80379.
- Part: Da pacem Domine. Hilliard Ensemble. ECM 1930.
- Prokofiev: Romeo and Juliet: excerpts from the second half of the ballet. Berlin Phil, Abbado. DG 289 453 439.
- Tchaikovsky: Nocturne in D minor for cello and orchestra. Zuill Bailey, San Francisco Ballet Orch, West. Telarc 80724.