In the noon hour, I talk with bass-baritone Eric Owens (left) and soprano Christine Brewer (right), opera stars who are in Georgia to sing scenes by Richard Strauss with the Atlanta Symphony.
We also hear from Albany Symphony music director Claire Fox Hillard about what's coming up Saturday at Albany Municipal Auditorium in the orchestra's program "Oboe, Strings and Things."
Looking for more concert info for this weekend in Georgia? Try here!
- Mendelssohn: Cello Sonata No. 2 in D major. Gautier Capucon, Gabriela Montero. EMI 89241.
- Mozart: Symphony No. 29 in A major, K. 201. English Baroque Soloists, Gardiner. Philips 412 736.
- Bernstein: Diaspora Games, from Concerto for Orchestra, "Jubilee Games." New Zealand Sym, Judd. Naxos 8.559100.
- Mendelssohn: Violin Concerto in E minor. Daniel Hope, Chamber Orch of Europe. DG 477 6634.
- Interview with Christine Brewer and Eric Owens
- Strauss: Four Last Songs: the last two songs. Christine Brewer, Atlanta Sym, Runnicles. Telarc 80661.
- Interview with Claire Fox Hillard
- Tchaikovsky: Waltzes from Serenade for Strings and Sleeping Beauty. New York Phil, Masur. Teldec 94571.
- Glinka: A Life for the Tsar: Krakoviak. National Sym Orch of Ukraine, Kuchar. Naxos 8.554844.
- Dvorak: Romantic Pieces, Op. 75. Sergiu Schwartz, Alec Chien. Romeo 7263.
- Weiss: Lute Sonata No. 38 in C major. Robert Barto. Naxos 8.554833.