Thursday-Saturday, January 8-10
- Violinist Gil Shaham and conductor Roberto Abbado join the Atlanta Symphony for Brahms' Violin Concerto and Prokofiev's Fifth Symphony, 8 p.m., Symphony Hall, Atlanta.
- Award-winning Chinese-Canadian marimbist Pius Cheung plays music by Bach, Abe, Schoenberg and himself, 8 p.m., UGA Performing Arts Center, Athens.
- Dame Gillian Weir returns for an organ recital on the Albert Schweitzer Memorial Organ she dedicated when it was new. 3 p.m., Spivey Hall, Morrow.
- The Keowee Chamber Players from Asheville play music by Reger, Dohnanyi, Debussy and Mozart. Presented by the Augusta Symphony Columbia County Music Series. 7:30, Hardin Performing Arts Center, Evans.
- The Ying Quartet plays Debussy, Puccini and a sampling of "musical dim sum." Free admission. Franklin College Chamber Music Series, UGA Performing Arts Center, Athens.
- The Atlanta Chamber Players offer Schubert, Beethoven and Brahms. Peachtree Presbyterian Church, Atlanta.
- Pianist David Watkins performs at Vineville United Methodist Church, Macon. Information: (478) 745-3331.
- W. David Lynch, organist at Meredith College and Christ Church Episcopal in Raleigh, gives a free organ recital. 3 p.m., Saint John United Methodist Church, Augusta.