Please note: The Columbus Symphony's Family Concert originally scheduled for early February has been canceled.
January 29, 31, February 1
- The Atlanta Symphony and conductor Donald Runnicles play Strauss's Alpine Symphony, and pianist Shai Wosner soloes in Mozart's "Jeunehomme" Piano Concerto (No. 9). Atlanta.
- The Ciompi and Vega quartets team up for Mendelssohn's Octet. Also on the program: the world premiere of Myth of Aeolia by John Anthony Lennon. Emory University, Atlanta.
- Wynton Marsalis and the Lincoln Center Jazz Orchestra perform at Symphony Hall, Atlanta.
- Teatro Lirico d'Europa brings Verdi's Aida to RiverCenter, Columbus. Blockbuster opera set in ancient Egypt, sung in Italian with English subtitles and orchestral accompaniment.
- The Georgia Philharmonic and saxophonist Ashu play Ibert and Piazzolla. Also on the program, Gounod and Dvorak. Roswell Cultural Arts Center.
- The Macon Chapter of the American Guild of Organists presents the Super Bowl of Hymn Festivals (hymns and hymn arrangements) in Mulberry Street United Methodist Church, Macon. Free. (487) 957-2295.
- The LaGrange Symphony plays Beethoven's Eighth and Mozart's Don Giovanni Overture, and Staci Culbreth is soloist in Sphor's Clarinet Concerto No. 2. Callaway Auditorium, LaGrange College.