Pulitzer Prize-winning American composer Norman Dello Joio passed away Thursday at age 95. In his honor, Midday Music concludes with his Trio as performed by the Atlanta Chamber Players. For more on Norman Dello Joio, please visit his website or read his New York Times obituary.
- Smetana: The Bartered Bride, Overture. Janacek Phil, Kuchar. Brilliant 93634.
- Casasdesus: Violin Sonata No. 2 (1941). Fritz Gearhart, John Owings. Koch 7528.
- Mozart: Piano Concerto No. 27 in B-flat, K. 595. Murray Perahia, Chamber Orch of Europe. Sony 63380.
- Mendelssohn: Prelude in B minor, Op. 104a/2; Rondo Capriccioso, Op. 15. Bertrand Chamayou. Naive 5131.
- Purcell: Three Fantasias in Three Parts. Hesperion XX, Savall. Alia Vox 9859.
- Tavener: Song for Athene. Santa Cecilia National Academy Chorus, Gabbiano. DG 289 459 146.
- Crusell: Sinfonia Concertante for clarinet, bassoon, horn and orchestra. Korsimaa-Hursti, Hara, Lanzky-Otto, Tapiola Sinfonietta, Vanska. BIS 495.
- Saint-Saens: Symphony No. 1 in E-flat. Frankfurt Radio Sym Orch, Inbal. PentaTone 5186 157.
- Dello Joio: Trio for flute, cello and piano. Atlanta Chamber Players (Christina Smith, Brad Ritchie, Paula Peace). MSR 1190.