Friday, January 22
- Bang on a Can All Stars and percussionist Glenn Kotche perform at Emory University's Schwartz Center in Atlanta.
- Chinese Golden Dragon Acrobats are at Georgia Southern University.
- National touring production of Camelot opens at Macon's Grand Opera House. Repeats Saturday.
- Jean-Yves Thibaudet plays Khatchaturian with the Atlanta Symphony and Robert Spano conducts Sibelius's First Symphony and Finlandia. Symphony Hall, Atlanta. Repeats Saturday.
Saturday, January 23
- Shizuo Kuwahara leads Symphony Orchestra Augusta in Bruckner's Fourth Symphony and Saint-Saens's Cello Concerto No. 1 with Yanghee Lee as soloist. Ms. Lee has been principal cellist in Augusta but is taking a job with the Bamberg Symphony in Germany; this is her last appearance with SOA.
- The New York Gilbert and Sullivan Players present G&S's Pirates of Penzance at the Ferst Center for the Arts, Georgia Tech campus, Atlanta.
- Political comedy troupe the Capitol Steps are at Atlanta's Rialto Center.
- Organist Gunnar Idenstam performs at Spivey Hall, Clayton State campus, Morrow.
- Pianist and composer Joe Chapman gievs a free concert in Hoag Auditorium, North Georgia College and State University, Dahlonega, to mark the bicentennial of Chopin and Schumann's births.
Sunday, January 24
- Moscow State Radio Symphony is at UGA's Performing Arts Center in Athens with music of Rimsky-Korsakov and Rachmaninoff.
- Columbus State University presents male vocal ensemble Cantus. RiverCenter, Columbus.
- The all-male Ballets Trockadero de Monte Carlo are at the Ferst Center in Atlanta.
- Emory University's Chopin/Schumann Bicentennial series presents pianist William Ransom playing Chopin and the Vega String Quartet joining him for Schumann's piano quintet. Atlanta.
Tuesday, January 26
- Music in a pub: the Atlanta Chamber Players play music of Bach and Carter and present a staged performance of Stravinsky's A Soldier's Tale with actors and dancers at the New American Shakespeare Tavern, Atlanta.
Thursday, January 28
- Guest trumpeter Robert Sullivan joins the Columbus State University Wind Ensemble and conductor Robert Rumbelow in a free concert, RiverCenter, Columbus.
- Air Force Reserve Concert Band is at Georgia Southern University.
- The Atlanta Symphony Orchestra performs Stravinsky's Rite of Spring, Vaughan Williams' Tallis Fantasia and music of Golijov. Repeats Friday and Saturday.
Saturday, January 30
Sunday, January 31