This week brings mostly but not exclusively Christmas/holiday concerts.
Tuesday, December 9
- 17th Annual Peppermint Pops, with the Albany Symphony and friends. 7:30, James Gray Civic Center, Albany. Free admission with canned food donation.
- Nutcracker of Middle Georgia presents The Nutcracker, combining professional ballerinas with local dancers. Grand Opera House, Macon. Evenings 7:30; Sunday matinee 2:30. Tickets at (478) 301-5470.
- Christmas with the ASO. Atlanta Symphony Orchestra and chorus, Morehouse College Glee Club, Gwinnett Young Singers. Symphony Hall, Atlanta. Check for times.
- A Cherish the Ladies Christmas. The Celtic band Cherish the Ladies joins the Columbus Symphony Orchestra. RiverCenter, Columbus.
- Augusta Symphony's Christmas pops concert with Celtic fiddle legend Eileen Ivers. Bell Auditorium, 7:30, Augusta.
- The "exciting, youthful" La Catrina String Quartet, currently in residence in North Carolina, performs at Maxwell Theatre, Augusta State, presented by the Harry Jacobs Chamber Music Society.
- The Augusta Players present A Christmas Carol, the musical.
- The Spivey Hall Children's & Tour Choirs joyously evoke the spirit of Christmas. Martha Shaw, director. Spivey Hall, Morrow, 3:00.
- Augusta Symphony's Family Christmas Concert, with youth a cappella group Creative Impressions. Seasonal selections. Bring canned food items for the Golden Harvest Food Bank. Maxwell Theatre, Augusta State, 3:00; pre-concert activities at 2:15.
- The Atlanta Singers. Spivey Hall, Morrow, 7:30.
- Christmas with the LSO. The LaGrange Symphony joins forces the LaGrange Civic Chorale and Bel Canto LaGrange for a mix of secular and spiritual selections. Callaway Auditorium, LaGrange College, 7:30.
- The Choral Society of Middle Georgia performs "Christmas with the Chorale," featuring Handel's Messiah. 7:30, St. Joseph Catholic Church, Macon. (Repeats Thursday, December 18 at Sacred Heart Catholic Church, Warner Robins.)
- Atlanta Ballet's lavish Nutcracker is on stage at the Fox Theater, Atlanta. Times vary.